Unfortunately no accommodations were found.
Unfortunately no tours were found.
Embark on a journey of freedom and flexibility with NCL Norwegian Cruise Lines. Sail on innovative ships, indulge in diverse dining, and relish in endless entertainment. With no set dining times or dress codes, experience cruising on your terms. Unleash your wanderlust and cruise the Norwegian way!
Dare to be wowed! Royal Caribbean Cruises redefine adventure. Scale rock walls, surf on deck, and savor culinary delights. From Broadway shows to robotic bartenders, every moment is extraordinary. Get ready for a cruise that takes you beyond your wildest expectations.
Acapulco is the most famous Destination in Mexico at an International level, thanks to the natural beauty environment, golden sand, tropical weather, warm seawater, and its people. Sea lovers find this destination so attractive obviously, but it is more than that, it has more attractions to satisfy all preferences for all ages, however. In the Quebrada, which is a rock formation of 35 meters height over the seashore, you can see the cliff divers’ performance, at night lit with torches.
La Serpiente emplumada, Diego Rivera´s mural painting, is exhibited in La Casa de los Vientos.
You will remember the majestic sea in Barra Vieja.
In Coyuca Lagoon, observe the different orange and red tones colors at sunset.
In Pie de La Cuesta, the continuous rhythm of the sea will accompany you while walking.
In Acapulco, you find the night cultural life with contrasting beaches, together, where you can swing, take a walk or enjoy the sunset.
Acapulco, Mexico, is a popular coastal city located on the Pacific coast. Known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and rich cultural heritage, Acapulco offers a variety of travel experiences for visitors. Here are some types of travel experiences that Acapulco is particularly well-suited for:
- Beach and Water Activities: Acapulco is renowned for its stunning beaches, making it an ideal destination for beach lovers. Visitors can relax on the sandy shores, swim in the warm waters, and engage in water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skiing, and parasailing.
- Waterfront Dining and Entertainment: Acapulco features a lively waterfront scene with restaurants, cafes, and bars overlooking the ocean. Visitors can enjoy delicious Mexican cuisine, fresh seafood, and cocktails while taking in the picturesque views. Some establishments also offer live music and entertainment, adding to the vibrant atmosphere.
- Cliff Diving: Acapulco is famous for its daring cliff divers, who leap from the cliffs of La Quebrada into the ocean below. Watching the cliff diving performances is a thrilling and iconic experience, showcasing the bravery and precision of the divers.
- Nightlife and Entertainment: Acapulco has a vibrant nightlife with numerous clubs, bars, and discos. Visitors can dance the night away to a variety of music styles, including salsa, cumbia, and contemporary hits. The city also hosts entertaining shows, including traditional Mexican folk dance performances and live music concerts.
- Historical and Cultural Exploration: Acapulco has a rich history and cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the historic Old Town (Zona Tradicional) to discover colonial architecture, visit the Fort of San Diego museum to learn about the city's past, and appreciate the iconic La Catedral Nuestra Señora de la Soledad.
- Shopping and Markets: Acapulco offers a range of shopping experiences, from upscale malls to local markets. Visitors can browse through handicrafts, souvenirs, and artwork at markets like Mercado de Artesanías, or explore luxury boutiques for high-end fashion and jewelry.
- Golf and Sports: Acapulco is home to several world-class golf courses, attracting golf enthusiasts. Additionally, the city offers opportunities for sports activities like tennis, water skiing, and deep-sea fishing.
- Relaxation and Spa Retreats: Acapulco features luxury resorts and spas where visitors can indulge in relaxation and wellness experiences. Travelers can enjoy spa treatments, yoga classes, and unwind in serene settings.
Important Things to Know:
Passport Requirement: Yes
Visa Requirement: None. However, travelers must fill out a Mexico Tourist Card to enter Mexico via air, land, or sea.
Best Time To Travel to This Destination: December to April (Year-Round Destination)
This Destination is Best For: See Above.
Is This a Family-Friendly Destination: Yes
Recommended Vaccinations: Travelers don’t need to present a vaccination record to visit Mexico. However, it is recommended that your vaccines are up-to-date to reduce the risks of infection against endemic diseases. The vaccines recommended by the WHO are hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, rabies, meningitis, polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis), chickenpox, shingles, pneumonia, and influenza.